Monday, May 5, 2014

The Elixir of Love


Last night's experience was truly magical.  Whenever you are able to lose yourself in music there is a feeling of some kind of magic within you.  I went to my first Opera last night!


Donizetti's The Elixir of Love was Austin Lyric Opera's season finale this weekend.  I feel is was the perfect Opera for me to be introduced to; it was none other than a romantic comedy love triangle!  It featured a fun cast of characters, gorgeous music, and many memorable moments.  The orchestra was sparkling and the golden tones of the performers were breath taking, especially those of Rene Barbera (Nemorino).  I can now say I have a guilty pleasure for Opera! I can't wait until next season!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...