Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My First 5k


When I was first thinking of things to add on my 30 Before Thirty list, running a 5k was not something I would have added.  Honestly, I do not know how it made it through the chopping block and my original edits. After purchasing a treadmill in January (which was purchased for incline walking for me and Trevor's running needs) and registering for The Color Run, I knew I needed to start running, or rather attempt running. 

I decided to start "training," if that's what you really want to call it, by reading blogs and Couch to 5K programs.  I attempted to follow a weekly running schedule, but that didn't really happen either.  I was just a girl running every few days in my home gym, or here's that word again "attempting" to trail run (which never really worked in my favor, but I least I never ran into a tree). 

I've never called myself a runner, I was on the track team in 8th grade for maybe 2 days.  This just proves how much I have run in my life.  My general rule of thumb was that the only reason for running was if you were being chased, and how often am I being chased...never...so why run?

The day of the race I kept looking around thinking to myself if these other people with as much "training" as me could do it than so could I.  I quickly learned once actually running the course that more than half of the people there walked instead of ran.  I don't know my final time, but I RAN my first 5K, and got powdered paint thrown on my at the same time, so it's a win-win for me!

 
 
Our best "Grrr" Faces!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...