Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lions and Tigers and BEARS, oh my!


I feel guilty about what I have done...I cheated!  I realized that with only two months to go before the big 3-0 there was one thing on my list that seemed a little unrealistic at this point.  Where exactly am I going to see a bear in the wild, I live in Texas.  I was unlucky in Arkansas about seeing a black bear and the next trip I am going on is Vermont in May, so I have my fingers crossed.  Just in case though I went to go see Disney Nature's Bears last night.  It was a great way to celebrate Earth Day.

 

About the film, Bears follows a mother bear named Sky and her two cubs, Scout and Amber, through their adventures and struggles of the cubs' first year in the Alaskan wilderness.  The film is narrated by John C. Reilly, who brings humor and "aww" to his narration.
 
The film shows the struggles of life in the wilderness along with all the threats that bears cope with on a daily basis.  The harsh realities of the life of a bear are very well counter acted with the humor, "aww," and antics of bears.
 
 
I appreciate that this film was educational and honest about the struggles bears face to survive, but not traumatizing.  Disney did a great job at managing to portray the realities and brutality along with the beauty of nature.
 
Alongside the bears captivating my heart, the cinematography of this film was breath taking.  The nature and landscaping plays an additional character of the film.  It makes me want to plan my next trip to Alaska so I can bask in the beauty of the great outdoors, and go see a bear obviously.
 
 
So even if I didn't get to see a bear in the wild, this film satisfied my need, at least temporarily!  Also, a portion of the ticket sales from this film will go to the National Park Foundation.  I highly recommend going to see this film. 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...