Thursday, June 12, 2014

I'M THIRTY!!!!

I'm 30 today!!!! And I'm pretty excited about it too!!!!!  It's a bit unreal to think that my twenties have come and gone, but it exhilarating to know that I am about to start a new chapter in my life.  My twenties were absolutely amazing; I married Trevor, bought my first house, sold my first house, made life long friends, and traveled more than I could have hoped.  In honor of my new chapter and new beginning, in true fashion, I thought I'd create a list!  This isn't a "bucket list," as my 30 before Thirty list was, this is a list of things I want to do and things I should do.  One thing that I have learned from my twenties is that a decade sure does come and go by faster than you think.

1. START A FAMILY
    Our new house needs to be filled with the pitter-patter of little feet.  Our king sized bed needs to be filled with cuddles and snuggles from little ones.  Our kitchen needs to be filled with the aroma of homemade cookies with help from little hands.  Our backyard needs to be filled with mud pies and leaf piles good for jumping in.

Image Source

2. BECOME A MASTER BAKER
    Baking to me symbolizes a time when life was simpler, a time when everything wasn't so rushed.  Some of my most vivid memories from childhood are baking with my great grandmothers.  The smell of fresh bread and cookies brings me back to their kitchens that were filled with love and laughter, and lots of flour. Becoming a master baker (in my own terms) would help me bring back the simple pleasures in life.  "Butter to the edges!"

Image Source

3. VISIT SWEDEN
     Because who wouldn't want to drink Absolut Vodka in Sweden.  Because who wouldn't want to eat authentic Swedish Meatballs.  Because who doesn't want to sing Dancing Queen while roaming around a town center.  Because who wouldn't want to go to a country of their heritage.

Image Source

4. SURROUND MYSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE
    I've always been a very positive and optimistic person, I want to continue to surround myself with dreamers, doers, believers, and thinkers.  "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that but really great people make you feel that you too can become great.  When you are seeking to bring big plans to fruition it is important with whom you regularly associate.  Hang out with friends who are like-minded and who are also designing purpose-filled lives.  Similarly be that kind of friend for your friends." - Mark Twain

Image Source

5. EMBRACE TIME OFF
    Spend more time with friends and loved ones.  Go outside.  Take a trip. Be adventurous.  Don't be afraid to turn off your cell phone!

Image Source

6. TRAVEL...TRAVEL...TRAVEL
    Some of my most influential experiences in my twenties was from traveling to different countries and experiencing different cultures.  I want to continue to travel and grow as a person with better perspective on the world around me.

Image Source

7. VOLUNTEER
    Nothing give me greater joy than knowing I did something to make someone's day a little brighter or bring them a little happiness.

Image Source

8. ONLY OWN CLOTHES THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
    Forget the rules of fashion, if you like it...wear it!

Image Source


9. BE HEALTHY
    As a continuation of my New Years resolutions, I want to continue to be healthy and active throughout my thirties.

Image Source


10. FIND MY PASSION
    I have worn many different hats in my career life and want to find the one with the right fit.

Image Source



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...