Monday, December 9, 2013

Just call me Betty Crocker

For Trevor's impending descent into his 30's I decided to let him indulge and gift him 30 of his favorite things for his birthday, one of which being German Chocolate cake.

*Side Note* Coming up with 30 of someone's favorite things is a lot harder than it seems. It's hard enough to come up with 30 of my own favorite things, let alone someone else's!

Lucky for me my Grandmother has an amazing German Chocolate cake recipe that helped satisfy at least one of his favorite things, as well as helping me conquer another item on my 30 Before 30 list. With my Granny' recipe in hand and my KitchenAid "locked and loaded" (literally) I baked my first cake...from scratch that is! 
 


 
 
 
 
 
I made a German Chocolate cake from scratch...YEAH ME! That is after 4 phone calls for further instruction, 4 and a half hours of baking, 1 bad batch of icing, the wrong type of flour and 2 cake rounds that broke in half...maybe I should stick to cooking instead!
 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...