Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gingerbread Real Estate

When it comes to Christmas there are hundreds of traditions that people follow each and every year.  While as a child one of my favorite family traditions was baking Christmas cookies.  While we did bake pepparkakor men (Swedish gingerbread), we never did bake gingerbread dough to make build gingerbread houses.

Not only did I want to build a gingerbread house this year I wanted to enjoy the scrumptiousness that is gingerbread in the house form!

Even when prepared with pre-made building materials and plat map, construction is not as easy as it would seem!  After a day of basking in the beauty of my new found architectural abilities, time to chow down!


At least that's what Remington, my black lab, thought was a good plan! I got to enjoy the snowman and piece of the roof. Maybe next year!



Much Love,
Amanda


2 comments:

  1. Haha! Love it! We made one for the first time, too! We took it to a Christmas party, and the kids said it was too pretty to eat! At least I got to enjoy it longer, minus the yard decor, and a few architectural elements. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to a gingerbread house building party so it pretty fun. Remington ate the house the next day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...